Monday, July 31, 2006

Cheap cool shirts...

Even though I run a not-the-cheapest-option kids' clothing line, I'm not one to pass up an opportunity to make some cool stuff on the cheap...yes, it helps to have a large stock of wholesale clothing laying around... but even if you have to shell out a few bucks for the shirt, onesie, whatever it doesn't have to cost that much to make a cool and unique piece for your trendy little bug.
When Ferris was born I wanted his "going home" outfit to be fun and silly and ABSOLUTELY NOT baby blue or some other piece of pastel horror. I ended up using a plain black American Apparel one piece. I adorned it with a great Simpson's iron-on that said, "Kiss me. I don't have cooties" below an image of Principal Skinner and Miss Crabapple. Super sweet and the iron-on only cost a few bucks.
Since then I have found tons of other great appliques for the kid to sport. A floating head of a shriner smoking a pipe, a t-bone steak, skull and cross bones, etc.
Bottom line: it's a fun way to be a little creative without spending too much of your precious little free time or money!

No comments: