Thursday, June 08, 2006

Because "PR for Dummies" told me to...

Okay, so here it is, the blog of www.focoloco.com founder, Suzy Helme. Never heard of me? Join the other 8 billion people on the planet who have no idea either.

Do I expect anyone to care about this blog? No, not really, but if some do, how wonderful! Besides, it gives me a home for all the ideas and thoughts spinning through my head that are utterly lost in the conversations between myself and my 8 month-old son. Sometimes I actually have something good to say.
Why start this blog?
Do you really want to know?
Okay, because PR for Dummies told me to. Seriously, it's the truth.
While I'm fairly confident in my skills as an artist/illustrator I am tragically lacking in business savvy...and grammar skills for that matter. Please excuse my random use of correct punctuation, sentence structure and capitalization.
So, yes, PR for dummies told me to. I'd been toying with the idea for a while, but completely forgot about it until I read the chapter in PR for Dummies about using the internet and related things to increase visibility for your business.
I'm sure some people would be embarrassed to admit to using such tools, but I don't embarrass easily and I have no qualms about showing myself for the flawed and often befuddled person that I am.

So, perhaps before you read any further you should check out my site, www.focoloco.com

Please?

Above and beyond being a business owner I am a mother. Actually, that's sort of why the business was started in first place. I've always wanted to be a mom and the idea of having a "career" has always been a secondary thought.
I have a degree in Graphic Design and Illustration and I decided that I wanted to use that skill to allow me to make some money running a small business that would ultimately give me the freedom to stay at home with my family, or at least creat my own schedule so I could be available to my family whenever they needed me.
Focoloco, LLC was started 3 years ago. It has grown from a necessity into a passion. I l-o-v-e my job. I think about it all the time. I get excited when new designs are ready to be printed and when I find new ways to make the business better.

No comments: